Saturday, December 29, 2012

Knit and Crochet

The forecast calls for snow tonight so that means I can hunker down with my knitting - yeah!  Although, in all honesty, I really don't need an excuse to pull out my needles and yarn LOL!  It is three days after Christmas and I'm already thinking about what I want to make over the coming year for Christmas 2013 presents.  Those of you with the same obsession understand what I'm talking about.

I used to make all kinds of things with cables and Norwegian designs - and maybe someday I'll go back to them - but for now I like the simpler patterns of afghans.  I can go into my "knitting zone" and not really have to think about what I'm making.  This is my time to think and talk with God; we have great conversations while my hands are knitting away.

Right now I'm working on prayer shawls for Amirah - here's a link to their blog http://amirahboston.blogspot.com/.  They are a safe house for women coming out of slavery in Massachusetts.  Yup, it happens here.  Visit their blog for more information on this ever increasing evil that occurs every day.  Anyhow, they will house 8-10 women at one time and I'm in the process of knitting and crocheting shawls for them.  I try to use donated yarn so others can contribute to the healing and well being of the women.

I will post pictures soon.

Well, time to pick up my needles - have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment